Connect With Us:

Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Welcome to Good Advice Matters!

Welcome to Good Advice Matters!

Rachel on February 1st, 2011

The short answer to this is no, anyone claiming Incapacity Benefit will be transferred to Employment and Support Allowance and will have to take part in the Work Capability Assessment. The transfer of Incapacity Benefit claimants onto Employment and Support Allowance has already started in Aberdeen and Burnley and that process is about to be rolled out across the whole of the country. From April this year the DWP are planning to assess 7000 Incapacity Benefit claimants per week with the figure rising to 11000 claimants per week from May. Anyone claiming Severe Disablement Allowance or Income Support on the grounds of sickness will also be part of this reassessment process.

No comments:

Post a Comment